Ecospecifier South Africa Partners With Progressive Flooring Association – SAWLFA!
Ecospecifier South Africa Director, Lizette Swanevelder, is pleased to announce a strategic new industry partnership with the progressive flooring body SAWLFA (Southern African Wood, Laminate & Flooring Association).
The Association was formed in November 1998 to address local concerns in South Africa about the use of traditional wood, laminate and the newer generation vinyl flooring in commercial and domestic building.
“SAWLFA is a great industry body to be partnering with,” says Lizette Swanevelder.
“Ecospecifier South Africa admires the work of the association in building awareness of wood and laminate flooring products and especially their mission to help drive protection of consumers and the environment through education, installation accreditation for flooring installers and setting and maintaining industry standards.”
SAWLFA’s code of ethics and practices were developed in line with comparative organisations in other parts of the world including Europe and American countries. SAWLFA incorporated standards and norms from organisations like the EPLF (European Producers of Laminate Flooring) and other like organisations and locally the guidelines of the South African Standards(SANS 10043) to meet our local requirements.
As a result, SAWLFA’s mission is to ensure that products by member companies conform to strict European and South African standards, and to protect the public through the establishment of industry standards - flooring installations are performed according to SANS 10043 and 10070.
In driving its mission, SAWLFA works solidly for the industry in the following areas.
- Setting and maintaining industry standards through:
The completion of Codes of Practice in conjunction with recognised international
and local authorities. These include Standards SA and the Building Technology
Division of the CSIR.
- Training of installers and upskilling them to the latest trends and developments
- Accreditation of installers of wood and laminate flooring:
No installer member is listed without going through the correct installation procedures exam (accreditation).
- Establishment of guidelines and material for training and education
of industry participants.
- Playing an advisory role and providing impartial opinions (Inspections) to resolve problems and/or disputes.
- Providing a central advisory forum for technical matters.
- Keeping the industry up to date with world trends and new products
SAWLFA Benefits For Consumers:
- Access to accredited suppliers and installers of reliable flooring products:
- All Corporate members products listed, provide certificates that comply to European standards.
- Advice on correct product quality selection.
- Information on local and international specifications and standards.
- Provides a point of recourse for clients and acts as a facilitator in the case of a dispute by providing an impartial opinion and mediation.
- All members ascribe to the SAWLFA code of Ethical Practice, which requires them to maintain the highest standards of honesty and integrity towards their clients.
To view a complete list of SAWLFA members, visit their website at www.sawlfa.co.za or contact them on 011 455 2822.
Back to News & Events List