Green Worx Cleaning Solutions is ISO 14001 and Global GreenTag certified and supplies innovative, environmentally responsible, biotechnology products based on the use of natural microbes and enzymes. In such, Green Worx supplies green cleaning and sanitation consulting and solutions, pollution control and environmental remediation products to industrial and commercial entities, as well as to consumers. Green Worx prides itself on its associations with global leaders providing innovative, effective and high-quality products and solutions to meet specific customer needs.
The Green Worx products contain a Bacillus consortium, which produces the following enzymes:
- Protease - breaks proteins (e.g. meat, excreted/secreted proteins) down into amino acids
- Lipase - breaks fats/grease down into fatty acids and glycerol; if not broken down, fats can go rancid and lead to malodours and blocked drains/fat grease traps
- Amylase - starch acts as a glue for dirt; amylases catalyse the breakdown of starch into sugars which are then further used as a food source by the bacillus
- Cellulase - breaks down cellulosic material
- Urease - catalyses the hydrolysis of urea into breakdown products
- Esterase – splits esters into an acid and an alcohol in a chemical reaction with water (hydrolosis)
- Xylanase – help in breaking down plant cell walls
In 2016 Green Worx was presented with the Award for runner up in the Green Technology Innovation category of the Mail & Guardian (M&G) Greening the Future Awards. In the same year, the company won the 2016 South African Frost & Sullivan Award for New Product Innovation.